Search this blog

Tuesday 4 October 2011

About me...



Hello! My name is Neha Deepak Shah and I would like to welcome one and all to my blog. I have finally taken the first step towards a year long desire of writing a blog. This is the first time ever that I am attempting to write something like this (trying to do on a regular). I belong to the jazzling city of Mumbai. I am 21 years old (as of today, 04/10/11) and I am currently working in Dabur ltd as a Food Scientist (amazed?? I know this sounds quite geeky but I a’int that geeky). Please don’t picture me as an old person with long white hair and an insanely geeky brain in a white lab coat holding a test tube amidst a lab disaster. I am anything but that. I am a completely normal person with a normal IQ but with an extreme love for cooking. I love changes and most of the time I hate routines. BTW I am a food technologist and there is a reason why I am a ‘HAPPY’ one. Most of the people I ever knew around me were not happy with their jobs. I knew one thing from the very beginning that I would professionally chose to be someone I would love being all my life and not someone who I would not be the best at. (and I knew I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE food).
Ever since I was a child, food was something that always fascinated me. I loved to watch my mom make cakes (About 15 yrs ago not many people knew how to makes cakes at home). I used to love to try my hands on making chocolates and messing the entire place and sitting under my mom’s work table with little sister to just lick the bowl of melted chocolate. I always have been a fast learner and I learnt my basics by observing mom and learning from her. I always have had a habit of extended study. If I saw mom make chocolate, I would go and gather all the information possible on the numerous ways to make chocolate and make it a point to try them out. I have had a lot of failure attemts as well L. I was in Class 8 and we had to opt for our hobbies out of computers, Pottery and Cookery. I opted for Cookery. We were only 15 people out of the batch of 250 who opted for cookery and most of the people opted for computers. I loved my hobby and started taking it more seriously. When I was in class 11, I had this wierd ‘Chaska’ for a long time. I started making a dish each day and Trishla and Kartu mama were my Guinea pigs. They actually ate whatever I made however bad it was. :D . Very soon I realised I did not want to be an Engineer or a Biotechnologist nd tht I only wanted to be a FOOD TECHNOLOGIST (I wanted to be a chef actually but ppl around said you would waste ur potential and that girls can’t be chefs which I completely deny). I have dedicated all my life to food.. It destresses me.. It makes me feel good... After a long day at work cooking makes me feel very relaxed.. I only realised this since I have been staying away from home. I only realised I could cook well when I started cooking food on a regular and that prompted me to give MASTERCHEF INDIA SEASON 2 a shot. I used to cook food for a couple of my friends and they thought I should go. I registered myself for the show and actually started sharpening my skills on various cuisines. Masterchef India was a very amazing experience. I completely loved every moment. I met 49 different people with different professions..different skills and completely different personalities.. I have learnt a lot from each person. Most of the people there were quite experienced and older to me. Somewhere in my heart I wish that experience didn’t end. I wanted to go far in the show and really win it. J Its OK and I know Masterchef India provoked me to write this blog.
I wanted people to know that Cooking is EASY and FUN. This blog is dedicated to all those who have even the smallest amount of passion for cooking. I want to share the enormous experience and knowledge that I possess regarding different cuisines with my dear readers by posting the recipes of all kinds of cuisines from the most common to the most unorthodox. It will be my heartiest and unremitting endeavour to make this blog as vibrant, unique and interactive as possible.
 I would like to share all my fav recipes and cuisines on this blog. Please do write to me on nehadeepakshah@yahoo.com for any suggestions or changes that have to be implemented for the better. I would love to hear from you. I hope you enjoy this page. Thank you. J

9 comments:

  1. Hi Neha Maa !! Great :D All the best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Neha!!! looking forward for yummy recipes.. all the best....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahan!! I am waiting to see the multi-coloured ravioli on the blog..

    P.S. ( :P ) All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Bandida urf paku - I will write that as my first recipe and dedicate it to you. :D

    P.S. Thank you. :D Khekhe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah neha!! I will try one of ur recipes one day so that I can also cook.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. neha.. Write more recipes in your blog such that I can also cook as cooking is EASY and FUN. Btw the blog is nice and well written..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello dear.... very excited to read through all your posts uptill now..... i found them mine...... i could feel one wid them and thst a big success for u.
    Keep writing more bcuz i am sure everyones loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Neha..keep up the good work...all the best for g8 cooking :-)

    ReplyDelete