Search this blog

Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Italian beginning....

 We Indians have this great talent to make everything ‘OURS’. We can Indianize every cuisine and give it a touch of Indianness and I completely love this. As Indians we love to EAT, from street foods of various states to the small udipi restaurants in the streets of Mumbai ( I so love shiv sagar.. :D I am feeling superrrrr hungry ) to the theme restaurants to the famous fine dining restaurants. I can eat anywhere and everywhere and I bet nothing tastes better than the chaat outside Kala Niketan (Juhu). I completely forget who I have come with and get hooked on to eating each and everything that he makes. When I was a kid, I never liked roti sabzi and dal chawal. I always wanted mom to make something different. There was something I completely loved to eat and that was ‘ Pasta’. I so loved the way my mom made pasta. It was a favourite amongst all my friends, my neighbours and just everyone. I so loved it. It was a not an exact Italian style pasta but a simple pasta with a lot of veggies in a mix of Béchamel ( its a term for white sauce, chefs hate to call it ‘white sauce’ ) and Arrabbiata sauce ( a spicy red sauce, ‘Arrabbiata’ literally means Angry). I have my best memories with Italian food and so i have decided that I will first write a complete guide to Italian food. Please await my next post. It will be here very soon. :D



5 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more that Indianising each and every cuisine is a very common practice. However,for those who love authentic cuisine,its sometimes a pain to deal with Indianised tastes everywhere. I am a foodie myself and love experimenting and trying out new dishes. I think people pay at authentic cuisine restaurants to enjoy something different. Just a point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sanket - I completely agree. I am going to mention very authentic recipes. ( I will try to stick to the traditional stuff and generate some ideas to modernize it.) Thank you very much for your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please even upload videos as well so that we can get clear idea of making any dishes as well..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Naina, Very soon I will be uploading videos as well.. :D

    ReplyDelete