Search this blog

Friday 6 January 2012

Tiramisu Surprise

Whenever I think of coffee, I think of Tiramisu. I am not addicted to coffee but I surely get indulgent when I have a good Tiramisu in front of me. Tiramisu is surely one of the most amazing cakes you can eat. (if you love coffee and also if you don't :P ) It is a very easy dessert to make if you have all the ingredients available with you. The recipe I am sharing with you is not a very classic recipe. I have modified it as per availability of the ingredients. Classic Tih - Ruh - Mee - SOOO (this is how you pronounce it the right way) has ingredients like Ladyfingers (biscuits), Coffee, Mascarpone, rum, eggs (to make the custard). I didn't find Ladyfingers (these are special finger shaped biscuits made for Tiramisu) and I am a Lacto - vegetarian hence NO EGGS. :P I missed mentioning about Mascarpone cheese, It belongs to the cream cheese category and is very soft and velvety.






INGREDIENTS


Cake / Cookies - Cut into fingers - 20 to 25 pieces
Coffee Solution - coffee, sugar and water solution - 1 cup


Cream Filling
Whipping cream - 100g
Mascarpone Cheese - 200g
Sugar - As per sweetness desired
Dark rum - 2 tsp (just to add the warmth)


Topping / Garnish
Drinking Chocolate and Cocoa powder - 2 tsp


METHOD


Cream Filling
1) Mix all the ingredients and beat well till light and fluffy.


MASCORPONE CHEESE


Assembly
1) In the dish you have decided to plate. Place the cakes fingers soaked in coffee syrup.
2) Spoon a layer of the cream filling and make sure it is uniform.
3) Place another layer of soaked cake fingers and spoon a layer of cream filling on it. 
4) Dust a mixture of cocoa powder and coffee powder to finish it and Garnish it as you like.























No comments:

Post a Comment